Monday, February 8, 2010

Warforged Update!

So last night I submitted my warforged warlock to my dm to get approval and to see if there was any suggestions as to improve or change anything. Turns out that I do need to make a few changes to fit the world and the background but there is nothing major. I'll post an update after I get that done and submitted. Anyways, he went to explain what he pictures this character to be and let me tell you that this guy is a genius! Take a look at what he wrote.

I'm imagining a warforged whose metal is rusted red/brown; wood pieces black and slick, like dead wood in a forest; the slight smell of compost; sprouts of living plants from some joints and intersections of plates; eyest that glow a bright, verdant green; and, this ironwood root structure spiked gauntlet, with four inch unbreakable thorns which seem impossibly sharp...
Now I dont know about you but that like totally opened up all sorts of ideas as to what this character might look like to someone who may have stumbled upon him in the middle of an old forest. So its all I've been able to think about today is what my character may look like. Above is what I've drawn so far and I know that it really doesn't look like theres a whole lot of wear and tare on this guy aside from the cracked brow. What I see is an old vine thats draped over the top of his head... he's maybe got a mushroom or some kind of fungus growing out of his neck. A tree or some kind of plant has taken root near his legs and has formed around him over the last several hundred years to claim the character as a part of the plant. And that spiked gauntlet is in a tangle of vines. My character is a prisoner of the forest and the plants his prison until he is awakened once more...