Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sony's new PS3 peripheral a girl's best friend?


So my friend Matthew Smith (http://www.dawgeth.com) and I were talking the other night in an IRC channel about some of our favorite gaming consoles. Something came out along the way about how I had heard of a possible price drop for the Wii sometime this year if they were to compete with the other systems this year. Microsoft has Project Natal, a hands-free motion sensing technology that lets you use your body as a controller and thats due out for this years holiday season. And then theres Sony's wand... Matthew sent me an image link of the device which in theory is supposed to be similar to that of the Wii's controller, hence a reason for a price drop on that console. Now I'll give you a few moments to really look at it and see what the first thing is that comes to mind...

... really... take a moment...

Ok now, doesn't that look like a friggin dildo? I really shouldn't know these things... but it looks like its got all the right curves for every girls secret desire. I wonder if this is Sony's idea of appealing to female gamers. "I cant get a dildo for my Xbox 360 so I went with the PS3."

If that wasn't bad enough, Sony uses this technology in their controllers that they call "Dualshock" (its really just a couple of badly balanced motors) which creates a vibration for that extra sensory when playing games. I can only imagine this vibration technology being introduced into these wands.

Anyone remember the Harry Potter brooms that recalled because girls got a little too excited when they discovered their brooms could vibrate? Or how about recently... the full-sized Team Jacob and Edward pillows for girls to sleep with. I'm thinking marketing is getting a little bit too risky these days with kids...